What is P-test-butyl Benzoic Acid
If you are looking for high-quality products, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry, email: email@example.com
P-test-butyl benzoic acid (PTBBA) is a colorless needle crystal or crystalline powder. It is an important organic synthesis intermediate widely used in chemical synthesis, cosmetics, flavors, and fragrances, etc., such as alkyd resin. Improvers, cutting oils, lubricant additives, food preservatives, stabilizers for polyethylene.
The synthesis method of p-test-butyl benzoic acid, at present, the existing synthesis method is oxidative synthesis, mainly including solventless oxidation method, nitric acid oxidation method, liquid-phase catalytic oxidation method, potassium permanganate oxidation method, microwave synthesis method High-temperature gas phase oxidation method. These methods are all based on p-test-but toluene.
Use of p-test-butyl benzoic acid:
P-test-butyl benzoic acid is an important organic synthesis intermediate. Its main applications are:
1. Used as a modifier for the production of alkyd resins;
2. Used as cutting oil and lubricating oil additive; used as polypropylene nucleating agent;
3. Used as a food preservative;
4, p-tert-butyl benzoic acid can be used as a regulator of polyester polymerization;
5. The phosphonium salt, sodium salt, zinc salt and the like of p-test-butyl benzoic acid can be used as a stabilizer for polyethylene;
6, p-tert-butyl benzoic acid can also be used as an additive for automotive deodorants, an outer film of oral drugs, alloy preservatives, lubricating additives, polypropylene nucleating agents, polyvinyl chloride heat stabilizers, metalworking cutting fluids, anti- Oxygen agents, alkyd resin improvers, fluxes, dyes, and new sunscreens;
7. P-test-butyl benzoic acid is also used in the production of methyl p-test-butyl benzoate, which is widely used in chemical synthesis, cosmetics, flavors, and fragrances.
Storage of p-test-butyl benzoic acid:
Storehouses storing p-test-butyl benzoic acid should be kept ventilated and dried at low temperatures; they must be stored separately from strong oxidants and strong bases.
First-aid measures using p-test-butyl benzoic acid:
1. This product is moderately toxic. The oral LD50 of rats is 568 mg/kg.
2. If inhaled, move the patient to fresh air. If breathing stops, perform artificial respiration. Seek medical attention promptly.
3. In case of skin contact, rinse with soap and plenty of water. Immediately take the patient to the hospital. Seek medical attention quickly.
4. In case of eye contact, rinse thoroughly with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes and seek medical advice immediately.
5. If you misuse it, don't give anything to the unconscious person through the mouth. Rinse with water. Seek medical attention immediately.
Potential health effects of p-test-butyl benzoic acid:
1. Inhalation of p-test-butyl benzoic acid is harmful to health and may cause respiratory irritation.
2, swallowing and swallowing p-tert-butyl benzoic acid is detrimental to the human body.
3, p-tert-butyl benzoic acid contact with the skin if absorbed by the skin will be toxic, may cause skin irritation.
4. P-test-butyl benzoic acid causes eye irritation.