Glass microbeads is a white powder with a whiteness above 93%, a PH value of 6-7, an average particle size of 2.5±0.5um, a specific gravity of 2.7g/ml, and a Mohs hardness of 7.8.
The application of Glass microbeads in coatings
Glass microbeads has several outstanding advantages:
1. Glass microbeads has good transparency, high hardness, and uniform particle size distribution
2. Good dispersibilityr, good compatibility with other components in resin and paint system
3. Glass microbeads has been surface-treated many times and has a good affinity. It can be filled in the paint system, the paint film does not have blue light, and the recoatability is good.
4. Used in high-grade scratch-resistant topcoats, it can increase the hardness and toughness of the topcoat, and improve the scratch resistance of the paint film. It has a matting effect and can improve the weather resistance of the paint film.
5. Compared with talcum powder, Glass microbeads is easier to precipitate after the paint is diluted, so the anti-settling measures should be strengthened appropriately
Suggested use method
1. It can reduce the proportion of matte powder when used in matte resin.
2. It is recommended to use it with HIGH FLAT wax slurry for better effect.
3. The recommended dosage is 3%-5%. Note for use: Transparency: How to avoid the problem of reduced transparency, the recommended dosage: -The use of bright paint: adding about 5%, does not affect the transparency-the use of color paint: adding 6%-12%, does not affect the transparency. Precipitation: add 0.5% of gas-phase white carbon black and 0.5% of anti-precipitation agent for use. Dispersibility: First use a strong solvent to pre-disperse, such as MIBK, CAC, cyclohexanone, and dilute it to 20%-50% (Note: Do not leave it for too long after dilution, otherwise a hard bottom will appear), to avoid the appearance of particles, And then add 1% dispersant and other fillers. The dispersing speed should not be too high, otherwise, it will cause the color to turn yellow and black, and the speed is only 1000 rpm.
And, TRUNNANO provides high purity Glass microbeads with reasonable price. “In order to feedback to old customers, the company is still in full operations to provide Glass microbeads with competitive price.” said Olina, sales manager of TRUNNANO.
TRUNNANO (aka. Luoyang Tongrun Nano Technology Co. Ltd.) is a trusted global chemical material supplier & manufacturer with over 12 years experience in providing super high-quality chemicals and Nanomaterials. As a leading nanotechnology development and Glass microbeads manufacturer, Luoyang Tongrun dominates the market. Our professional work team provides perfect solutions to help improve the efficiency of various industries, create value, and easily cope with various challenges. If you are looking for Glass microbeads, please send an email to: email@example.com.
OR go to the following link: https://www.nanotrun.com/hollow-glass-sphere-hollow-glass-beads-p00359p1.html
Early strength agent is an admixture which accelerates the development of concrete early strength and has no significant effect on later strength.…
US President recently decided to invoke a Cold War-era defense law to encourage domestic silicon carbide powder. What is Silicon Carbide SiC?Silicon carbide (SiC) is a hard compound containing silicon and carbon. A semiconductor, it is fo…
As the European Union tries to reduce its dependence on Russian energy, the Russian president recently said Russia would try to shift its energy exports to the east, adding that there was no way for European countries to give up Russian gas immediate…