UK woman Catherine Furey dies after drinking vinegar in DIY abortion

Tragic: Catherine Furey, pictured, tried to have an abortion by drinking super-strong vinegar but died after suffering a violent reaction   A pregnant mother-of-five died after drinking industrial-strength vinegar during an attempted home abortion she had researched online. Catherine Furey, 38, suffered a violent and eventually fatal reaction to the concentrated acid similar to that used in a chip shop. A police investigation was launched and officers arrested her sister-in-law Dawn Chadwick for handing her the vinegar bottle in late 2010. She was
All 1